Home sellers, choose your real estate agent wisely. It may make the difference between a sale, or a listing. I’ve noticed a pattern in the Winchester, VA real estate market. For some reason, numerous Winchester, VA home sellers are listing their properties with out of the area agents. What is the value of that choice? Here’s what I can tell you is the effect of listing with out of the area agents.
- Out of the area agents don’t know the local market. Without a thorough understanding of the local market, an out of the area agent is likely to attempt to sell your property at a price that will attract few if any buyers.
- Out of the area agents are very often difficult to make contact with. In the past three weeks, I’ve tried to sell two properties for out of the area agents. One didn’t respond to my full price offer for 5 days. Then she declined it. The offer was full price, no contingencies with a closing in 45 days. I noticed the closing date on her current contract closes in 5 months.
- Out of the area agents don’t always have your property on their priority list. You’re out of sight, out of mind. I am waiting for an out of the area agent to respond to my email, phone call and text message now. It has been three days. If I can’t show your property, I can’t sell it.
- Out of the area agents more than likely don’t know your house or your neighborhood. They won’t be able to market your home like a local agent.
- Out of the area agents took the same classes to receive their licenses, receive the same continuing education and follow the same state regulations as your local agent. They have no advantage in those areas.
- Out of the agents will not be available to run over to your house to check on it, meet a client, replace the key when an agent accidentally takes it with him.
There is little to no advantage to hiring an agent out of your area. A local agent will have his finger on the pulse of the local market. He can respond to inquiries and clients wishing to see the property on the spur of the moment, and he is more likely to know where your property is most likely to sell. When your ready to sell your Winchester, VA home, call Cornerstone Business Group, Inc., for your local market experts.